With Spring Upon Us it’s Time for Lawnmower Tune Up
By Mark J. Donovan
With Spring well underway it’s now time to get the lawnmower out and perform some basic lawnmower maintenance.
This list of basic lawnmower maintenance tips can make your lawnmower purr this summer season.
- Sharpen Lawnmower Blades – Dull blades can destroy the lawn and stress the engine
- Clean Spark Plugs – Fouled spark plugs can make an engine run rough or not at all.
- Change Lawnmower Oil – Dirty oil will shorten the life of your lawnmower
- Clean Lawnmower Air Filter – A dirty air filter can cause your lawnmower engine to sputter
- Inspect Fuel Line – A clogged or crack fuel line will make your lawnmower inoperable
- Clean Lawnmower Carburetor – A dirty carburetor can cause you engine to run rough or not at all.
- Tighten Wheel and Handle bolts – Loose nuts and bolts can cause lawnmower handles and wheels to fall off.