Monday, January 03, 2011

New Nikon D3100 D-SLR Camera to Provide Higher Quality Home Improvement Pictures

By Mark J. Donovan

With some spare cash in my pockets from the holidays, I decided to go out and buy a Nikon D3100 D-SLR camera yesterday for my home improvement website pictures. The D-SLR acronym stands for “Digital Single Lens Reflex” and basically it means that the camera produces much higher quality photos compared to the standard pocket size digital camera. To do this they incorporate high tech sensor technology including CCD and CMOS circuits, and much larger lenses than the standard digital camera. Consequently they are much larger, offer much more functionality, and produce much better pictures than small digital cameras with the same Megapixel specifications.

I’ve been meaning to for some time to start taking some higher quality home improvement pictures and this new camera is just the ticket! It takes incredibly clear pictures and does so extremely quickly. Unlike my old camera, there are no missed shots with this one.

After my family and I read the manual and charged the battery we began experimenting with it last night taking pictures of almost anything we pointed it at, including the night sky. The quality of the pictures is simply amazing. Even with a night sky background the images are crystal clear. It’s not surprising considering the fact that it has 14.2 Megapixels, a far cry from my old pocket digital camera with 3.5 Megapixels.

Besides taking stunning photographs, the Nikon D3100 can also film movies in full 1080p High Definition, so I anticipate using it too in some of my home improvement videos that I post on HomeAdditionPlus.com, and my various video channels.

One of the nice things about D-SLR cameras is that you can mount different types of lenses on to them for wide angle shots or for objects that are far away. For now I only purchased the18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom-NIKKOR VR image stabilization lens, but my intention is to also buy the 55-200mm zoom vibration reduction lens in the next few months.

So expect some much cooler and higher quality home improvement photos in the days ahead, both on the HomeAddition Blog and HomeAdditionPlus.com

See
Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens to learn more about this great camera.

No comments: